CFTB 2018 running from Nov 24th until Dec 15th approx
Christmas for the Bush is the major annual event of Care Outreach. This video is a short recap of founders Bill & Melissa Close from their 2016 trip around the bases
We have all heard about how dire the situation is through the west. One comment from a Grazier on Facebook recently – ‘We haven’t had any grass growing rain for 5 years’ and this amazingly optimistic comment ‘Each day is one day closer to rain’. These are incredibly resilient individuals and families.
We collect year round for CFTB – here are some ways you can help.
To assist with our packing and assessments of aid on hand, it is requested that donations be received by end of October. Packing of all aid requirements, hampers etc occurs in the 2nd week of Nov.
Donate Practical donations (gifts, food items, toiletries)
- This year we are focussing towards the donation of pre-paid Visa Cards or Fuel Cards to enables us to distribute these directly to the families for use in their immediate area thus ensuring support of the local businesses in their communities.
- Gifts – All ages from baby through to senior adults
- Hamper Items – all types of non-perishable food lines are required. Cereal, Tinned Veg, Tinned Fruit, Tinned Fish, Pasta Sauce, Pasta & Rice, Condiments and Spreads, Biscuits – sweet & savoury, Tea & Coffee, Soft Drink & Juice. Specific items for Christmas Hampers are eg: Plum Puddings, Mince Pies, Tinned Biscuits & Shortbread, Christmas Confectionery etc. We also have need of a range of Gluten Free goods and Sugar Free Diabetic Friendly items.
- Toiletries Mens Toiletries, Ladies gift toiletries
- Finance – financial donations are Tax Deductible.
- Donations can be made via Direct Debit to Care Outreach Ltd BSB: 034 204 A/C 193 866. Use your surname as reference. For first time donors, please notify the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your donation and email address for issuing of your receipt
- Credit Card can be accepted over the counter and also by phone – 07 5471 7636
- By post PO Box 467, Palmwoods, Qld, 4555.
- By clicking the ‘Donate Now’ button on our Home Page. This will direct you to the secure giving site ‘GiveNow’.
Field Volunteers – Trained volunteers are required for our visitation and pastoral care project. If you have a heart for Outback families, are good at listening and care about the Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Well-being of these people this might just be for you. Training – Oct 20th Time TBA RSVP’s essential.
Warehouse volunteers – we have need of volunteer assistance year round
- NEW **Care Outreach – CARE SHOPPE** there are a lot of tasks required to keep this area going, including putting out clothes, sorting jewellery, homewares etc.
- Clothing & Linen – (mostly pre-loved) includes sorting, processing and packing into boxes. MUST have a very particular eye for detail and quality
- Pre-loved books & toys – help is needed to sort, check over, clean, box up etc. Part of the job is ‘quality testing’ the toys (yes that means play with them for the kids at heart
- There will also be some seasonal assistance required as we prepare for Christmas for the Bush.