Our mission is to care for the physical emotional and spiritual well-being of people in Rural and Remote Australia.
The origins of Care Outreach date back to the early 1990’s when founders Bill and Melissa Close were in itinerant ministry to churches and communities throughout Australia. With a break in their schedule, they travelled to a region that was suffering from drought to offer practical assistance and ministry. It was during this trip that they were struck by the disadvantages faced by Bush people and the number of suicides among farm families.
Care Outreach began as the Bill and Melissa found ways to support farming families in southern Queensland and New South Wales as far south as Orange. Twenty-five years later, Care Outreach is what it is today readying thousands of people and farms throughout Queensland and New South Wales.
- Regular face to face visitation and ministry
- Food hampers, toiletries, linen and toys
- ‘Christmas for the Bush’ (annual event)
- Property Support (e.g. assist with fencing, mustering, livestock)
- Domestic Help (e.g. aid with housework, child care)
- Facilitation of Community Events
- Work Party Teams